Do you agree or disagree? People should always tell the truth.
- I suppose I disagree. Honesty, of course, is very important in life.
- However, I don’t think it is wise or realistic for people to tell the truth 100% of the time. Little white lies, for instance, are sometimes necessary.
- A husband telling his wife who is sick in bed with the flu that she looks pretty (even though she doesn’t) is an example of this.
- Or telling your sister that you like her new house that she bought, even if you think it’s freezing and in a bad neighborhood. To spare your sister’s feelings, you lie a little.
- Maybe eventually you’ll bring up questions of safety in the neighborhood, but not immediately.
- There is a time and a place for everything. And sometimes, when you’re waiting for the right time to tell the truth, a slight lie is okay.